Thursday, January 31, 2008

if you know me, you know that i am obsessed with anything and everything to do with glen hansard and the frames - so i have to admit that i was doing a little teenage happy dance when i found out that "falling slowly" was nominated for an oscar. not because i care about awards or anything, but because the possiblity of seeing glen and marketa all dressed up and playing thier song on tv is really exciting.
this is from an interview with him:

Hansard, who is nominated for the Oscar along with his co-star Markéta Irglová, said: "I just couldn't believe it. I didn't sleep last night. It's a mad, mad concept, our little film that went and did this. It's insane.

People had been talking about this thing (Oscar nomination), and about the possibility of it happening but I guess, to be honest, I just pushed it away because I thought 'I'm not going to get excited about this'. Maybe it's a typically Irish reaction; I just didn't want to get let down. But I guess secretly I really, really hoped for it."

The Frames frontman noted that the idea of a nod from the Oscar academy seemed totally ridiculous at the time of filming.

"There was a funny moment when we were shooting the scene for 'Falling Slowly' in the piano room", he said, "and John (Carney) said, joking, 'And the Oscar for Best Song goes to.' and we all started laughing because of the ridiculousness of the budget we were working on and the way we were shooting this film. We just laughed. And I rang him today and I said 'man I remembered last night what you said and I can't believe it, and none of us even dared go there in our heads but my God!"


sigh. i love him.

No comments: