Sunday, April 20, 2008

sunday morning links...

isn't it funny how you start reading something and then click a link and before you know it, you have 10 windows of your web browser open? one is a review of the death cab show in bremerton, another is a piece ben gibbard wrote for a magazine, another is live from KEXP, another is a review of eddie vedder's last show in san diego...

so here's some of what i'm reading/listening to this morning:

ben gibbard wrote a piece for paste magazine called "the meaning of life." i'm not sure he actually comes to any consensus about said meaning, although he does write about feeling like jack kerouac in on the road. this is the part i found interesting:
With this record, if I didn’t have something to write about that I’ve experienced, if I couldn’t visualize myself in that scenario and really put myself in the shoes of the narrator, then I felt I shouldn’t be writing it.

kim virant i'm not sure how to describe her - country mixed with folk mixed with rock. i would recommend listening to jesse's song.

carrie akre i really like her - in fact i would probably say that she's one of my favorite female singers. check out take this heart.

glen hansard and marketa irglova sing on a new song called one more word for an israeli movie called strangers.

1 comment:

Kristine Rosenborg said...

Interesting that he refers to Jack. I get excited when anyone refers to him. Because he is God... Jack Kerouac that is...